click for a larger image
The Wilderness Aviator Survival Kit™ is simply the best aviation survival kit made. It contains hundreds of items chosen and field tested by pilots with your safety in mind. It is actually three kits in one! The main survival kit contains a complete first aid kit and a pocket survival kit, each of which can be carried separately.
In an airplane weight and size matter. This compact kit (8x12x16) weighs only 16 pounds yet contains everything needed to help you survive an unexpected night out including 2 quarts of water. Each component of the kit from the outer backpack with padded back and shoulder straps to the Kershaw fixed blade knife (sug. retail $40) was chosen for its quality and ability to perform.
It is designed for two people but can work for larger numbers of people. It is the kit to have if you want to be a prepared pilot and realize there may come a day when you have to survive for days in a remote area before being rescued.
You need to have equipment you can depend on because in fact your life might depend on it.
Some of the hundreds of high quality items in this kit include:
Click for a complete contents list
- first aid kit, very complete with easy to use treatment modules
- pocket sized survival kit that can be removed and taken on day hikes or placed in a pocket when flying
- waterproof/windproof matches that will usually continue burning even when submerged in water
- headlamp for hands free light
- fishing kit
- pocket chainsaw that will cut a 3 inch limb in 20 seconds
- fixed blade knife, very robust blade and shaving sharp
- windproof lighter
- and lots more!
An PLB is highly recommended with this kit. PLBs are probably the single most important piece of survival equipment you can have but since many pilots already have a PLB one is not automatically included in this survival kit.
By just adding a hatchet this kit meets the Alaskan and Canadian survival kit requirements.
|Optional PLB or SPOT: